Sunday, January 5, 2014

My Curly Staples

Hey My Curlies!! Many people always ask what products I consider my staples and what do I use on a daily and weekly basis. First off let me say, all curly hair and hair period are different. We may have curl twins or curl friends that use completely different products and get the same results. To each their own. When you find what works for you stick to it by all means. First you need to learn about porosity (the ability to absorb moisture). Some have normal, some have high, and some have low. Me, myself I have normal porosity. My hair accepts moisture pretty well. It also depends if your hair is color treated or what climate you live in. Reminder that Im speaking on behalf of curlies who are natural (not permed or texturized) because that is a different ball field. As far as my maintence of my curly hair, I basically have a simple regimen. I stick to what I love. I have three routines... okay lets get started!
Summer Routine:
(As I Am Co-conut Co-wash and DevaCurl Low Poo)
(One condition and Suave Naturals Coconut)
Conditioner (1egg, honey, coconut oil, and any conditioner)
Oil Treatment (honey and coconut oil melted)
Leave in (One Condition)
(DevaCurl Light defining gel)
how I apply:
I shampoo only my scalp 1-2 times a week depending on if I have been in the beach, pool, or what activities I partake in. Then I go ahead and condition or deep condition. I deep condition on the conditions of my hair, could be 2-4 times a month I allow my conditioner to set between 20-60 minutes. I also do a hot oil treatment once a month, I allow it to set for 20-30 minutes. Then I continue to add my Leave in and styler in sections. I scrunch my ends with a cotton t-shirt and allow to air dry. Usually, my hair dries with volume but depending on the humidity I use a pick to lift my roots.
Winter Routine:
Shampoo(DevaCurl No Poo)
(One Condition and Aussie 3 min miracle)
Conditioner (mayo, coconut oil, honey, avocado, and any conditioner)
In (Kinky Curly Knot Today)
(Curls Whipped Cream)
How I apply:
I shampoo and condition the same as summer. Then I deep condition, apply my leave in and styler, and allow to air dry for a day. I usually get amazing definition with this routine. I live in the south so I usualy still have a bit of humidity so volume has never really been a problem for me.
Wash n Go routine: As far as my wash n go's I usually apply any leave in and styler usually the devacurl styling cream and I go. I dont diffuse at all. I never get great results with a diffuser and when I do those results only last a day. Its all a personal preference.
Alright my curlfriends, this here pretty much sums up my staples and how I apply my products. I do own a lot of products and I do use different ones but these are the ones I will continue to purchase and always use. I hope you enjoy!! : Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment